Monday, September 13, 2010

Da 4, 5 & 6 - Wine Not

Is it too early for a Sophomore Slump in this state of the game? And why does Sophomore have an "O" in the middle of it? Do we say Soph-o-more? No we pronounce it sofmore but whatever another reason why the English language makes no sense. Anyhow I digress. I have not blogged for a few days because I have been busy and also had a lot of anxiety about an interview for a new position that i flubbed at work. In light of the vegan diet though I did not fall into old habits and grab myself a huge chocolate bar or get a giant binge meal of a cheesy burger, fries and any other sort of animal product at a fast food place, I still stuck with my vegan diet. Although I cant remember what I at, I know it was vegan. I guess we can call that a win in that category. I did however have a chocolate soy pudding and that was absolutely delicious and satisfied my chocolate craving.

Yesterday the Disney Club I belonged to did a tour of a winery in Napa called Silverado Vineyards. The Disney part is that it is owned by Diane Disney Miller and her husband. Although they do not like to promote the Disney part of it since she wants to keep that part of her life separate and its not actually associated with Disney. I can respect that. The Vineyard was gorgeous and the day was wonderful. The wine was OK and surprisingly I actually liked the white wine. I know that some wineries use a gelatin product to clear the casings after the wine is emptied and therefore the wine I drank may have been associated with animal products. That is something I would like to look into though and find a vegan wine. I know Whole Foods has organic wines but do they also have vegan wines. Is that something that would be on the bottle or would I have to research the vineyard myself. Yet another thing in life that uses animal product that most people are not aware of.

After the tour we went to a place that was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, called Taylor's Automatic Refresher. It is now called Gott's but they still have the original Taylor's sign out front. I was at first hesitant and thing well maybe they might have a salad or perchance a veggie burger maaaaaaybe. I was pleasantly surprised. They had a variety of salads and did have a veggie burger. They also had gazpacho but I wasn't in the mood for soup even if it was cold. I ordered the Veggie Burger and replaced the non-vegan egg bun with sourdough bread. It was a pretty good sandwich but would have tasted better on a whole wheat bun. The only bad bad thing is that it cam with special sauce. Usually special sauce is mayo, ketchup and relish so since mayo is not vegan as it contains eggs, i may have unintentionally flubbed. I hope I am wrong and that the special sauce does not contain mayo. Oh well despite my best efforts I still landed just short of center. It was really wonderful day though. The atmosphere there was wonderful and the service was quick and friendly. I like the picnic style outdoor eating. I just wish they had more vegan options, but it is a burger joint so what more can you ask for.

Taylor's Automatic Refresher AKA Gott's

No comments:

Post a Comment