Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Days 7,8,9 - And Brook Ate Vegan

 Why was 6 afraid of 7?
Because 7 ate 9. Ha ha OK sorry couldn't resist.

I am skipping the food diary portion for Days 7 and 8 just because I said so. I'm a mom so I get to say that ha ha again.

Day 9
Breakfast: Cereal with Rice Milk (which does not have as much calcium as soy milk so I'm switching back)
Lunch: Bean and Rice Burrio fixings (cold because the powere went out at work)
             Iced Coffee with Silk Vanilla soy creamer
Dinner: Falafel with Soy yogurt sauce made by my Mommy

I have been doing this Vegan Challenge for a week now and its so far pretty easy. The hardest part is taking the time to fix something and knowing there are little to no fast food options. The fast food part is actually a good thing.  I have noticed some positive results as well. Jeans that did not fit me last week popped on like a breeze yesterday which was awesome. Although they are not my skinny jeans they fit me once again. By the way skinny jeans for me are size 16 which is skinny compared to my size 22 jeans. I weighed myself yesterday on the scale at work and on my moms scale and low and behold I have lost 5 pounds. I weighed myself again today just to make sure and yup 5 pounds. Yay me!! This was not my original goal but a nice result. My ankles have not been as swollen and today they were not swollen at all. I am sure it has to do with the fact that there is far less salt in my diet. The 5 pound loss also was probably a lot to do with water weight. Still good none the less.  Naturally my brain is swimming with the loss of 5 pounds in one week and thinking gee if I do that in one week, what can I do in a month.

The original goal of this challenge for me was not weight loss but really just the essence of a challenge. I have been on a journey for a while to get healthier and to change my eating habits. I like being a curvy girl but I do know that I need to improve my health while still keeping my curves. I was working out 3 times week but that has not been happening lately. That is something I need to start doing again. Now that it is not as hot I will need to start again. If only working out were as easy as eating vegan. ::siiiigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment