Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day -3 Stir Fry Me Up

Breakfast: Protein Bran Flakes with Vanilla Rice Milk - Coffe with Silk Soy Milk creamer (eh its OK tastes like any other non-dairy creamer but maybe without all the unpronoiuncable ingrediaents)
Lunch: Kashi Veggie bake
Snack: Tamari Rice Cakes
Dinner: Hoisin Mushrooms With Bok Choy with brown rice
Hoisin Mushrooms With Bok Choy
Dessert: Acai and Blueberry popsicle (mmm antioxidents)


I did not add enough mushrooms and baby bok choy. One thing I always forget about veggies is that they get very small when you cook them.  This is my first time stir frying in a wok and boy is it messy.
 This actually tasted good but the sauce needed something more. I am not sure what though. My cat was all over me when I was making this so it must smell good to her too. Next time I make this there will be waaaay more veggies. I have a bad habit of changing recipes to suit myself. I think maybe edamame (sp?) beans will taste good with this.

Today was another challenge for me. Making the right choices is always a challenge. I ran out of time to eat breakfast so usually I will pop a hot pocket in the microwave or eat some yogurt at work with granola. None of those options are open to a vegan so i grabbed some soy milk and ran out the door. I usually keep cereal at work and it just so happens the cereal I have is vegan. Unfortunately the cereal was a little stale. Siiiigghhh!!! I still had some granola left over which have been OK except that it has honey which is not vegan. Again with the honey challenge. I was really hungry at this point. For a split second I thought to myself eh its just honey and only a smidgen off the vegan diet. Good sense of commitment rules out and I went with the slightly stale cereal, which in the end once the rice milk was poured tasted just fine. My tummy was full and my conscience was clear.

At work we have The Biggest Loser challenge going on and we had the weekly Wednesday meeting today. Mr Pika is one of the trainers who helps use out with nutrition and fitness. He had a lot to say about choosing to love ourselves when we make good choices. He has very strong opinions about everything but for the most part he just wants everyone to be smart about the choices they make.  I wonder how he would feel about the vegan diet since he is a huge protein fan. My choice in deciding on the 21 Day Vegan challenge was really just the idea of a challenge. I am not counting calories or fat, just making better choices. In the end this will likely have some health benefits which is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment